Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Too Stressed Tonight To Write

Oh, fuck!

Is Spybot worth the trouble or not? I just don't know anymore.

First of all, it takes a frikkin' year for the thing to load and do its stuff whenever you try to open the program to download updates and run a scan... Now, apparently, in trying to download what I (obviously mistakenly) thought was a legit updated version of Spybot on my mom's PC, I've unleashed something nasty enough to disable her BitDefender anti-virus. (I have to monitor and run her PC security because she won't, because she forgets how it all works, and anyway she forgets to do it, and anyway she doesn't really want to have to deal with stuff like this. That's what her daughter is for. Among other things.)

Now I sit here anxiously waiting to hear from BitDefender support for instructions on what to do next, praying the damage, if there is any, is negligible. I can't concentrate on anything else until this is resolved...

Oh, fuck! I had none of these headaches back in 1995. If Gates, Allen and Microsoft really want to impress me, they'll come up with a System Restore that will return me--forget the damn computer; me--to a younger, less techno-stressful time.

No comments: