Monday, August 11, 2008

The Daydream Deferred

Feeling so deflated right at this moment. Just heard from Bill regarding the workshop and it doesn't look like it will be a go--the response he's gotten so far has not been strong enough. So many folks have been Bush-whacked by this Gilded Age economy, me included. Ten years ago, five years ago, I could have made the trip; not now.

And I'm annoyed at myself for letting myself get excited. Because I knew, even as I read his post, that I wouldn't be able to put the funds together for the trip. But I so loved what he was proposing that I got carried away anyway in spite of myself.

A ray of hope: There may be the possibility for an online class of some kind, and if so I would like very much to participate. Maybe the response will be stronger to something like that.

Would have been so nice to do this in P-Town, though.

Maybe next year...

No comments: