Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Pride 2014

I was wondering what to do for Pride Month now that June is finally upon us, when a handsome young man with the dark hair, skin and eyes of an Arab aristocrat walked up. "These are for you," he said, slapping two pamphlets on the counter and pushing them toward me. The cover of one pamphlet was titled The Watchtower: Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom, the other was titled Awake!

"Thank you," I told him politely but before the words were completely out of my mouth he had turned and was walking away. I picked the pamphlets up and looked at them. Then I threw them into the  recycling wastebasket under the counter, still deciding about Pride.

1 comment:

mark j. tuggle said...

cuz - the next time you encounter a young, handsome, dark-skinned man...please give him my #. we can work out the dogma later :-)