Friday, July 18, 2008

Movie Night

So much I wanted to post tonight but it will have to wait--TCM is showing 1960's The Fugitive Kind starring a coiled, mascara-ed Marlon Brando as The Drifter, and Joanne Woodward and Anna Magnani as The Women In His Life, with able support from Maureen Stapleton, Victor Jory and R.G. Armstrong. Brando is still potent, still Brando. Love Joanne Woodward in anything, even bad things. And Magnani--I never see enough of her; love that lived-in face, the best this side of Jeanne Moreau.

Sidney Lumet directed, the great Tennessee Williams adapted the screenplay from his play. Small town, Deep South, all in gothic, glorious black and white. (I mean the film stock. Don't overreach.)

Anyway, this needs my full attention and I happen to have popcorn in the house.

More later, y'all.

No comments: